Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Anatomy critique request

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
miguelnarayan polycounter lvl 8
Hi guys. I haven't drawn a head for a looong time and I feel everything I knew went down the toilet, I'm just not happy with this one and I don't seem to know why. Do you see any mistakes? I wanted to know it and fix it before I paint it. Ultimately, I'll have to rent a Gnomon DVD on anatomy to practice, but I wanted to get this right as much as possible without the use of external courses. Also, I tried to change the eye expression to make her look up.
What do you think?

Replies

• US Claire Force
    You're spending too much time worrying if you have the head correct and neglecting the rest of the body. The left shoulder is too narrow, even if your character is female. Make it rounder and slightly larger. If your character is going to have a chest, make sure you flesh out the curve at the base of the breast. As for the head, one of the glaring details that needs to be corrected is the raised eyebrow...the end of it droops too close to the eye. Bring it up away from the eye and you'll be good.

Hope that helps! :)
  • miguelnarayan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    miguelnarayan polycounter lvl 8
    Thanks dude! I will try this out. I put this one on stand by and went to work on other things I was sure I would be doing right. I will come back to this