Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Sci-Fi Corridor

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
patrickchu polycounter lvl 4

Hey guys.

Here's my sci-fi corridor finished a few days ago. Modeled in 3ds Max, textured and rendered in Quixel Suite and Unreal engine, hope u guys like it:-)

Video link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBukg9Ts5k

Replies

• patrickchu
  • Finalhart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finalhart polycounter lvl 6
    It looks pretty nice, i really like the floor patterns. I would play with the lightning i think is too dark and doesn't make justice to the scene. Also having warm areas on your focal point can definitely help to create contrast. Nice job!
  • patrickchu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finalhart said:
    It looks pretty nice, i really like the floor patterns. I would play with the lightning i think is too dark and doesn't make justice to the scene. Also having warm areas on your focal point can definitely help to create contrast. Nice job!
    Thanks a lot bro for the suggestion and the compliment! Will apply your suggestions in my future projects.
  • macoll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    macoll polycounter lvl 13
    Finalhart said:
    I second that ;)
    Plus you could have broken the repetitiveness of the 'console screen' prop on each side with some scifi pillar by example or something else...

• patrickchu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    macoll said:
    Finalhart said:
    I second that ;)
    Plus you could have broken the repetitiveness of the 'console screen' prop on each side with some scifi pillar by example or something else...

I totally agree with you Macoll. Actually, this is my first time using Quixel and Unreal Engine 4 to create this scene for my assignment. Due to time constrain and spending a lot of time figuring it out how the software works, I unable to add more stuff to break the repetitiveness of the scene. Btw, I definitely will apply your suggestion to my future project. Thanks for the constructive criticism bro.
  • FreneticPonies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FreneticPonies polycounter lvl 3
    Love the big turny thing below, but the materials above feel like they could use some variation. It all feels like shiny plastic, with no real metals or etc.

The lighting is also, as @Finalhart said, a bit dim. Also feels maybe a bit too Tron specific?
  • patrickchu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Love the big turny thing below, but the materials above feel like they could use some variation. It all feels like shiny plastic, with no real metals or etc.

The lighting is also, as @Finalhart said, a bit dim. Also feels maybe a bit too Tron specific?
    Thanks a lot for the feedback, really appreciated it. Will put ur suggestions into my nxt project.
  • Leinadien
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Leinadien vertex
    I like the dim light, this is terrific!