Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Mass Effect/Halo Inspired Corridor

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
CharlieD polycounter lvl 11
Hey guys, I've been working on a Sci Fi Corridor on and off the past few months.  I have time to work on it a lot now, so I'll try to get this done soon.  My inspiration is mostly Mass Effect, Halo, and various other projects and concept art I've seen here on Polycount.  This is a board with some of my references and inspirations.

Current Progress:
The hi poly models are done.  Just got done unwrapping and baking the normal maps on the lo poly models.  This is what I currently have in UE4.  The lighting is a place holder WIP until I finish texturing the pieces.

Replies

• CharlieD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    These are screenshots of the hi poly models I designed and modeled.

The lo poly models are modeled, unwrapped, and I've baked down normal maps.  These are the lo poly pieces assembled in UE4 with placeholder WIP lighting and normal maps applied.  The open window areas will have a glass material when textured.  Next step will be the textures.

• macoll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    macoll polycounter lvl 13
    Your assets look gorgeous !

If i were you, at this stage, i would do a first lighting pass to grab a mood. I tell you that cause for me, the albedos of the textures could depend of your lighting ...
    Keep up, nice scifi corridor !
  • LaurentiuN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LaurentiuN interpolator
    Awesome hi polys man, looking for the textures:>
  • Robert Berrier
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Robert Berrier polycounter lvl 10
    Nice! What do you have planned for the background space area?
  • GameArtifact
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GameArtifact polycounter lvl 7

Incredible assets CharlieD!

I have a question: the most detailed elements like pipes, that you reuse in your scene, were created separately and then have been included in the wall/floor panels, is it correct?

• CharlieD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for taking a look everyone.

@macoll Good point.  I've already started playing with textures on one prop, so I'll probably finish up the base texture on that.  But, I'll be playing around with the lighting too.

@Robert Berrier I was thinking about either finding some cool space photos and combining some stuff into a skydome then going from there.  I want the outside to look interesting, but not too much that it takes away from the corridor.  

@GameArtifact  Each pipe was put together using pre-made pieces.