Home Technical Talk

Maya Bevel problem

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Sunray polycounter lvl 7
Hey when I try to bevel an edge it's selecting and showing edges what it shouldn't do anyone know why? I'm afraid that I'm going to ruin my mesh if i ignore it now. The second picture shows what happens immediately after I hit bevel.

Replies

• Bartalon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bartalon polycounter lvl 12
    This is an isolation bug if I'm not mistaken.  Maya is trying to include additions to your geometry into your isolation view.  I think it has something to do with the face order changing so it's including the wrong geometry.  It's completely fine, albeit annoying.  If you want to turn disable this, er, "feature," then you can try running the script below.  It will try to find the scriptJob responsible for auto-adding isolated components and kill it.

setIsolateSelectAutoAdd("modelPanel4", 0);
    setIsolateSelectAutoAdd MayaWindow|formLayout1|viewPanes|modelPanel4|modelPanel4|modelPanel4 false;

{
    string $jobs[] = `scriptJob -lj`;
    for ($t=0; $t<`size $jobs`; ++$t) {
    if (`match "isolateSelectAutoAddCallback" $jobs[$t]` == "isolateSelectAutoAddCallback") {
    string $buffer[];
    tokenize $jobs[$t] ":" $buffer;
    scriptJob -f -kill ((int)$buffer[0]);
    warning ( $jobs[$t] + " killed." );
    break;
    }
    }
    }

• Sunray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sunray polycounter lvl 7
    Bartalon said:
    This is an isolation bug if I'm not mistaken.  Maya is trying to include additions to your geometry into your isolation view.  I think it has something to do with the face order changing so it's including the wrong geometry.  It's completely fine, albeit annoying.  If you want to turn disable this, er, "feature," then you can try running the script below.  It will try to find the scriptJob responsible for auto-adding isolated components and kill it.

setIsolateSelectAutoAdd("modelPanel4", 0);
    setIsolateSelectAutoAdd MayaWindow|formLayout1|viewPanes|modelPanel4|modelPanel4|modelPanel4 false;

{
    string $jobs[] = `scriptJob -lj`;
    for ($t=0; $t<`size $jobs`; ++$t) {
    if (`match "isolateSelectAutoAddCallback" $jobs[$t]` == "isolateSelectAutoAddCallback") {
    string $buffer[];
    tokenize $jobs[$t] ":" $buffer;
    scriptJob -f -kill ((int)$buffer[0]);
    warning ( $jobs[$t] + " killed." );
    break;
    }
    }
    }

Hey, 

thanks for the reply script worked fine definitely saving it.