Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Game Asset Tutorial

Bumblebee
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Bumblebee polycounter lvl 3
Hey Guys,

I have made a quick tutorial of a stick grenade. Its by any means not perfect nor the best model and I am not the greatest teacher/artist. Still hope you will enjoy it and find it useful!

All the textures we re done from scratch except for one or two. I cover the entire process, from highpoly modeling to lowpoly > uv unwrap > baking. Then I modify the normal and start texturing it. 

Leave a like and love to hear what you think!

Marmorset Renders:

Heres the Link to the tutorial!
https://goo.gl/XVeyO0

Appreciate every support! Subscribe for more awesome content in future!

Thanks for watching and enjoy!

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    General Discussion is not the right place to post tutorials like this. I'm moving this to 3D Showcase.

This is not a big deal, just be aware of where to post in the future, check the forum descriptions.

You also double posted in both GD and 3D, so I removed the repost.
  • ayoub44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ayoub44 polycounter lvl 10
    Thanks you for making this ! keep it up with these awesome tutorials :)
  • killnpc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killnpc polycounter
    General Discussion is not the right place to post tutorials like this. I'm moving this to 3D Showcase.

This is not a big deal, just be aware of where to post in the future, check the forum descriptions.

You also double posted in both GD and 3D, so I removed the repost.
    Thank you!
  • Bumblebee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the responsE
  • Dagon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dagon polygon
    Thank you for contributing to the community. The more artists out there that share their knowledge the better.
  • Bumblebee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dagon said:
    Thank you for contributing to the community. The more artists out there that share their knowledge the better.
    Thanks man, means alot to me. I dont get the dislikes though. I think people dont appreciate my contribution after all. Opinions are opinions i guess
  • Bumblebee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay i took down the tutorial. Apparrently people dislike free educational recourses for no obvious reason, so if the community is heavily against tutorials, thats fine by me. Anyone who missed it, deeply sorry but it seems like trolls put much more effort in disliking than the people who like it and are too lazy to give constructive feedback/support.
  • Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    Come on, don't give into people disliking it, from what I could tell it was a decent tutorial.
    Those who don't like it can go watch something else, but keep it there for those who do.
  • Bumblebee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Come on, don't give into people disliking it, from what I could tell it was a decent tutorial.
    Those who don't like it can go watch something else, but keep it there for those who do.
    Its just very demotivating. 15 dislikes in one day and from the same country ( all the dislikes on All of my video are from uk strangely, seems like the uk hates me). Im not an expert and i put alot of effort in making this tutorial. This is only a reaction on my sides. I might put it back up any time soon but right now it seems people dont really want tutorials. And one even went that far to threat and insult me on my email. My channel ismt the biggest obviously and I can handle criticism. But never have i experienced this.
  • Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    Yeah, some people are and will be idiots, not much to do about that.
    However, you could make a gumroad account and put them up there for free, then you wont have to deal with likes/dislikes and so on.
  • Bumblebee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea i will put it up for gumroad :)
  • Bumblebee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just put it back up on youtube
  • TheBaldNoob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheBaldNoob polycounter lvl 2
    Love the tutorial man, Keep going with them. Your assets are really high quality, we need this kind of content on youtube. As you get better and more confident in making videos they will get smaller and more efficient.
  • Bumblebee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok is there a general reason why people are disliking?
  • TheBaldNoob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bumblebee said:
    I dont think its because your vids are bad, depending where you have also posted this there just maybe a place where trolls are normally at. Certain sites, certain shit heads. I personally want more from you. If you could make tutorials breaking down stages of asset development into small informative parts I could personally learn a lot from that.
  • Dagon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dagon polygon
    Bumblebee said:
    Ignore the dislikes but pay attention to the positive feedback you're receiving. I am very grateful for your tutorial. And many others are and will be (those who have yet to follow it) Many people won't say thanks but they will appreciate your shared knowledge. The dislikes are nothing they mean nothing. Those are people who have nothing positive to share it has nothing to do with the quality of your content it has to do with their own negativity.
  • Bumblebee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dagon said:
    Bumblebee said:
    Ignore the dislikes but pay attention to the positive feedback you're receiving. I am very grateful for your tutorial. And many others are and will be (those who have yet to follow it) Many people won't say thanks but they will appreciate your shared knowledge. The dislikes are nothing they mean nothing. Those are people who have nothing positive to share it has nothing to do with the quality of your content it has to do with their own negativity.

Bumblebee said:
    I dont think its because your vids are bad, depending where you have also posted this there just maybe a place where trolls are normally at. Certain sites, certain shit heads. I personally want more from you. If you could make tutorials breaking down stages of asset development into small informative parts I could personally learn a lot from that.
    thanks man. I was thinking that I just explained very poorly or did the video very poorly so that people disliked it. Trolls will troll i guess
  • TheBaldNoob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bumblebee said:
    Dagon said:
    Bumblebee said:

Bumblebee said:
    thanks man. I was thinking that I just explained very poorly or did the video very poorly so that people disliked it. Trolls will troll i guess
    No problem, keep going. You'll only get better anyhow. Cannot wait for more!
  • TheBaldNoob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bumblebee said:
    Dagon said:
    Bumblebee said:

Bumblebee said:
    No problem, keep going. You'll only get better anyhow. Cannot wait for more!
  • Twister3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Twister3 polycounter lvl 12
    Hey I just wanted so say thanks for making the tutorial! Thanks to you I created my first prop in the Quixel Suite over the weekend:

• Twister3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Twister3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Bumblebee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Twister3 said:
    Hey I just wanted so say thanks for making the tutorial! Thanks to you I created my first prop in the Quixel Suite over the weekend:

No problem. Looks neat btw :)