Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

How to sculpt this.

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Sunray polycounter lvl 7
I'm working on a soldier character and I'm having a hard time with the pants. I was wondering what would be a good way to sculpt pants like the one of the division. I was thinking about extracting the pockets and the knee guards and sculpt them add some thickness with panel loops. And when that's all done merge all the things of the pants together (keeping the sdvis)  and start on the folds. 

Anyone got a better idea on how to handle something like this.

Replies

• Kid.in.the.Dark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kid.in.the.Dark polycounter lvl 6
    There's no fixed way or correct way of doing it... The way you just explained is also doable... A big thing now for a lot of artists is the use of Marvelous Designer to eliminate the process of self calculation/judgement on how clothes crease just FYI unless you're already aware... but if it were me... I would have divided off the pockets, etc... every segment that would be a separate piece of fabric irl I would have as an separate subtool... then like you said, merge it all back together for retopology/baking.

Hope that helps!
  • Sunray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sunray polycounter lvl 7
    There's no fixed way or correct way of doing it... The way you just explained is also doable... A big thing now for a lot of artists is the use of Marvelous Designer to eliminate the process of self calculation/judgement on how clothes crease just FYI unless you're already aware... but if it were me... I would have divided off the pockets, etc... every segment that would be a separate piece of fabric irl I would have as an separate subtool... then like you said, merge it all back together for retopology/baking.

Hope that helps!
    Yes helps thanks, i'm very aware of marvelous but I want to be able to create pants from scratch in ZBrush I think it's a really nice skill to have. Just like bodies I think you should be able to create them all from a primitive in ZBrush.