Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Night Knight's Art Journey

TheNightKnight
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
TheNightKnight polycounter lvl 3
Hi everyone,

After lurking around for a while I mustered up the courage to start a sketchbook topic.
Let me introduce myself. My name's Céline, I'm currently 17 years old and want to become a concept artist. Here I'll take you with me on my journey. In this topic I post my finished work, sketches and studies :)

Some studies I did in the past months:

Pyramid shaped material studies. I had a hard time with painting the water, hair and fur. Gotta practice moar!

Still life painting

My most recent figure painting. It took about 5 hours to paint this. I did some quick 30 minute figure paintings before and the studies are paying off I think.

I'm currently working on my first handpainted 3D model, I'll update you guys ASAP ^_^

Replies

• TheNightKnight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheNightKnight polycounter lvl 3
    Oh and here is some of my original (old) work.

Generic pretty girl.jpg . I tried to push the rendering to the max with this piece.

Fun art trade with a friend  (:

Character designs for my IP. I don't like these designs so new ones are coming soon.

I feel like being stuck in the same 'zone'. I do want to create more original art instead of doing only studies but the fear of 'not being good enough' is holding me back. The only way to get over that fear is just by doing it I guess.