Home Contests & Challenges Archives CS:GO Weapon Finish Contest

PC CSGO | AK47 | XENOMORPHED (WIP)

This is my second attempt at making a skin!
any feed back and help is appreciated <3

Step one: Drew some hands on the magazine (From memory) and brought it into illustrator. This design is going to be inspired by the classic alien Movie.

Step 2 Tracing my drawing

Step 3 dragged into photoshop for some colour 

step 4, Re-Edition of the Alien, i tried to make the alien to look different to prevent any copyright infringements .

step 5 
tracing in a raster based program, so i can easily image trace back onto illustrator 

Step 6: Having fun!
using colours i presume would look 70s / 80s or somewhat old school. i didnt take a realistic approach to this design as i felt it didnt meet the design brief. i erased the top part as i may use it on another section of the ak47

btw return of the martian dude. NOTICE ME SENPAI! 

Update

Update
trying to find things that look "oldschool" that would fit into the 70s 80s style. i hope im going in the right direction. 

Test fitting stages.

First time using this photoshop feature but i finally figured it out!

using a background i used for my finished xenomorph sketch as the gun background.
looks like the alien is on drugs > another rapidly growing trend of the era.

Hey guys ive finally figured out how to use photoshop effectively with blender! im so happy!
okay so this is basically my plan of attack now, please comment if theres anything you disagree with or think could look better!

Just a random back ground for now

Starting on the tail now 

wasnt happy with the tail, took a break because exam times/assignments due for uni.
Started with some nail works.

Please give me feedback!
i want to improve as an artist :)

Replies

• Chickenpotpie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gosh darn I love the detail in the sketch! Can't wait to see to digital version
  • BlackPowerRanger
    Gosh darn I love the detail in the sketch! Can't wait to see to digital version
    thanks bro, im working on it :3

• Crunky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crunky null
    Hey man I heard you needed help lining up the drawings. This guy gave me some suggestions, hopefully these help you!
    Knubble said:
    if you find it difficult to align the textures on the uv properly, try using blender (or 3dcoat if you own it) to project it onto the 3d model. Coridium has got a nice youtube video for that :)

Although your last images suggest, that you made it work just fine :hushed:

Awesome skin, certainly waiting to see this one when it is done :smiley:

• BlackPowerRanger
    Crunky said:
    Hey man I heard you needed help lining up the drawings. This guy gave me some suggestions, hopefully these help you!
    Knubble said:
    if you find it difficult to align the textures on the uv properly, try using blender (or 3dcoat if you own it) to project it onto the 3d model. Coridium has got a nice youtube video for that :)

Although your last images suggest, that you made it work just fine :hushed:

Awesome skin, certainly waiting to see this one when it is done :smiley:

Thanks bro! i really wana finish off this design but i cant because i dont have control over exactly where i want my drawings on the ak47 :/
    for example this drawing is on the wrong side. i want it to be on the other side but everytime i try it only puts in a tiny strip of the drawing and automatically deletes the rest :/  much appreciated <3

• DarkChaos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarkChaos null
    I really like this but I think the background is to garish, maybe mask it off and just have some scratch marks unmasked.
  • BlackPowerRanger
    DarkChaos said:
    I really like this but I think the background is to garish, maybe mask it off and just have some scratch marks unmasked.
    hey man, its just an after thought idea, its still a work in progress, theres much more of the alien that i want to draw!
    its just that i am being limited to my lack of knowledge in applying the image to the weapon :/
    im trying my best to learn hopefully ill be able to finish off my original vision that i had for this gun!
    thanks alot for the feedback :) even i think the background is too garish.  
  • Knubble
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Knubble triangle
    Coridium has a nice video about how to project images onto the weapons using blender3D. 

SInce I personally don't use photoshop, I often set the image I want to be projected onto the weapon as a brush in blender and then paint the weapon there.
    Feel free to add me on steam if you need further help steamcommunity.com/id/coolsteamid/ :smile:
  • BlackPowerRanger
    Thanks bro!
    im having so much fun with it now
    no more guessing games! can finally have it the way i want it to be