Home Quixel Megascans

2.1.6 release candidate 1 is available

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Thane- polycounter lvl 3
Heres a link to 2.1.6 patch RC1. Was made available May 5th on the Facebook support page.... Worth a try for some of you no doubt, but you might want to make backups of your current software. It doesn't say whether or not you need to install this over a certain version. I've got a question about it on the facebook page, ill post the reply when i get a response.

EDIT: This link was removed.

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    What program or software is this? There's literally no information what it's for.
  • JedTheKrampus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JedTheKrampus polycounter lvl 8
  • Thane-
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thane- polycounter lvl 3
    Crap!, Wrong forum. I meant for this to go into the Quixel tech forum.
  • Thane-
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thane- polycounter lvl 3
    Had a chance to test out 2.1.6 a little bit today. So far i have done quite a bit of mask editing without any major problems. Although 3DO does not automatically update to reflect the new changes sometimes after mask changes, usually after the second mask edit after applying a new material i think.

Very excited to use this awesome software without any bugs, its really awesome guys when it works.
  • Thane-
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thane- polycounter lvl 3
    1. How does one de-select a layer so one can press c in 3do then click to make a new material ONLY on the selected color id?

2. How can you reduce the intensity of the AO in the render of the model?
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey, Thane!

I've closed your thread and edited it to remove the link. Sorry about the trouble there!

2.1.6 RC1 is not suitable for widespread public release yet - we tend to keep release candidates in the Facebook groups until they're ready for a general release. RC2 is being internally tested right now. When it's ready for public release, I'll update the pinned thread here. :smile:

In the meantime, when RC2 is ready for semi-public testing, you'll find the link on the Quixel Tools Group! It's great to see that the issues you've been plagued with are generally resolved with this latest round of updates. I've been working closely with our SUITE programmer to ensure that you'll be able to work with as few disruptions as possible. If you do run into trouble, please, don't hesitate to reach out to me here or on Facebook.
This discussion has been closed.