Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

D'Mont Pirate

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
ejeet31 polycounter lvl 10
Hi guys! Just finished my pirate model and I'd like to share this to you.
Created this model for about 2-3 months during my spare time. I really did enjoy doing this personal project.
I hope you like it! 

Artstation and Marmoset viewer:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/E9XZe

More artworks here: 

https://www.facebook.com/SilhouartGameStudio/?fref=ts

Replies

• jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator

my only critique, as someone who has a decent amount of tattoos, the chest tattoo looks fake.  Almost like when you see a movie and you can tell the actor has had the tattoos painted on.

Normally black ink, tends to fade and turn a bit blueish over time.  Specially if you're out in the sun a lot (like this pirate would be)  So my suggestion to you, is to make the ink more blueish 

also your lighting is a bit harsh, the shadows are super black, is that a stylist choice?

either way, great work!
  • Mattvaughn12
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mattvaughn12 polycounter lvl 9
    I have to second that. Tattoo technology has come a long way over the years, not just in machines but also in the ink. That type of tattoo would be hand poked. I have seen many beautiful hand poked tattoos over the years, but that seems very detailed to have been done  in that style. and like Jose.Fuentes said, the black in would not hold up well under the conditions a pirate's life is. I dig it though.
  • Carabiner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Carabiner greentooth
    This looks great overall! In the second render, though, it almost looks like the jacket material is a bit too metallic?
  • Nathan3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nathan3D polycounter lvl 7
    I was just wondering how you did the background? The banded circle gradient thing? I see a lot of models being presented this way but unsure how it's done

Great looking model btw :)