Home Contests & Challenges Archives CS:GO Weapon Finish Contest

[PC-CSGO] MP9 | NoName (WIP)

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
hollandje polycounter lvl 4
Well I've had a genius idea while laying in bed yesterday so I'll be using this thread to update my progression. I'm in the middle of my final exams to graduate from high school in The Netherlands so I won't be updating very frequently. I hope to get this MP9 skin out before the competition ends but I can't guarantee it.

Anyways, here is the first WIP shot.

Basic colors that definitly need tweaking. Lot's of stuff needs to be added but that will come somewhere soon :)

Replies

• hollandje
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maybe not the best idea to challenge myself timewise to make a hydrographic skin but I love challenges and I'm happy to take this one haha.

Anyways. I've had the chance to work an additional hour on my project and I'm starting to get in the vibe. Here are some pictures of the proces and how I make sure that I keep track of what color is effecting which part since I tend to get a bit sloppy and lose track.

Shot of my whiteboard which I use to keep track of the colors

The current look in the workbench. Colors are, just as the same gun, being worked on.

Photoshop view

Marmoset Toolbag view.

The choppers you see are just a quick test by using copyrighted material. I ofcourse will create my own drawings :)
    Some of you might already see where I'm going with this idea. 

Anyways, I got to go now. Tommorow (12th of May) my final exams will be starting so I won't be updating this post as frequent as I want :cry:

I'll see you in the next post update :)
  • hollandje
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick update, got rid of the horrible haze that was one the lower part of the playside and made the overall look more subtle. Also added some Japanese text ;)

By now you can probably see that I'm aiming for Japanse Sci-Fi :D.
    Had my first exam out of 7 today and probably passed that with a good mark for anyone who's interested in that. Next exam is on Tuesday so I might get an hour or 2 in before next tuesday :)

Stay awesome!
  • hollandje
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright. I just found out I might going to get some legal issues in regards to usage of reptile like drawings that are closely related to the way Godzilla looks. There are going to be a few things I have to keep in mind when drawing my reptile to NOT make it look like Godzilla. If anyone is interested in a pretty cool read in regards to the intellectual property you can do so here: https://www.wired.com/2008/11/godzilla-terror/