Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Disney Inspired - Princess Amelia (WIP)

Hey guys,

Been a member for a while so I thought I should probably try my hand at posting some stuff for some feedback. I've been working on this little disney inspired character for a little while and am hoping to get some feedback. 

I'm currently sculpting / designing her as I go along for a personal project but would love to hear some suggestions on things I can improve. Still very much a WIP but I want to eventually move onto a retopo, rig, and animate her for a small game project. Let me know what you think!

Replies

• Dereck
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated the image to make it easier on people's browsers. Sorry everyone :neutral:
  • NatashaCBR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NatashaCBR null
    Now I'm not much of a 3d modeller atm, but I do have a keen eye for watching Disney movies.
    I've taken a good hard look at your character and I have a few critiques for you;
    I feel like the shapes are generally too rounded, it'd be nice to see some sharper edges and contrasting shapes, I'd imagine it might make the figure more interesting to the eye and give her a more unique and readable shape if she say was for a game.
    The face has very nice proportions for the disney style, so I'd say you got a very good start there.
    Finally I think the flaring on the skirts could be more like natural cloth.

Overall I think you did a great job and you're at a very nice starting point :)