Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Firefly Hunter

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Amaury polycounter lvl 7
Hi everyone ! Here's a character that i recently continued again after leaving him almost finished, and felt like it was a waste like many of my abandoned characters.

i'm thinking about 2 things : diorama and butterfly net. Should I make a wooden net made out of branches and ropes or a more toyish one made out of plastic ? I feel like the second one could bring more details to the scene, that's something i feel like is missing, but adding too much detail would break the art style.

I think I'm gonna go for a small grass hilltop as a pedestal, with a few rocks here and there, a fence and a tree in the back, as well as a glass jar full of fireflies that would act as the orange key light underneath. I know presentation can easily ruin a character so that's why I'm wondering about all of these.

Polycount logo for placeholder until i find a better idea or I might as well leave it as it is.

Also, got any idea how I could achieve that stylized anisotropic specular similar to Overwatch in Toolbag ?

An older WIP right there :

And here's where I'm currently at. I need to retopologize the hair and make him some shoes, also rotate the teddy bear a bit so we can see it properly. I feel like this is the direction I'm taking for the final render though.

Replies