Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WW2 Paratrooper - Captain Winters (BoB)

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
klown polycounter lvl 12
Hello!

Have been meaning to create a thread for this guy for a few days now, stopped blocking things in long enough to actually do it. End goal is to 3D print him in a pose (Crossroads episode, when he confronts the young German soldier) and also if I dont burn out, make a nice high rez game version and throw it into Unreal for fun.

I actually started him a few years ago after watching Band of Brothers for 6th or 7th time but only got a basic block out of about half of it before he got shelved. Seeing some other WW2 themed things and getting my head around Marvelous Designer a lot more as well as needing a break from this other thing I'm working on, I opened him back up and got back into blocking out to what you see now.

Its all Maya and MD at this point, jacket and pants are a first pass from MD, will get a heavy Zbrush pass on this once its done, really want to push the details on this, see how far I can go :)

Need to block out helmet netting, boot laces, boot knife string and helmet liner then can start on the real fun stuff!

Pretty happy with how hes shaping up at the moment but critiques, questions, workflow queries welcome!

Cheers!

Replies