Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Art Dump] Epistory - Typing Chronicles

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
benlucas polycounter lvl 5
Hi all !
I worked on the PC/Mac/Linux title "Epistory - Typing Chronicles" for one year for the belgian videogames studio "Fishing Cactus". It's finally out, so I can't resist posting some art I did on this great "adventure typing game" project !

I made the art direction to be close to papercraft techniques, all the props and assets are made of different kinds of paper, and the environments are unfolding as you discover the story, which looks pretty cool ingame !

Since the budget was small I tried to make each different biome with the fewer props I could. So I tried to target efficency for each prop (unique silhouette, possibility to make fast variants, sets of "big/medium/small size props,...). Each environment has a unique style and its specific props, but I mixed or modified them to create different feelings, and produce more levels without wasting time.

The different biomes and their specific props, if you squint you will see the re-used props beetween biomes:

Destructible assets:

Various game assets:

You will find ingame screenshots and videos on the steam page http://store.steampowered.com/app/398850/?

Hope you liked it !

I will try to invoque some other artists I worked with, and hope they will show you the creatures and characters ;)

Replies