Giant Running

Replies

• Arturow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arturow polycounter
    Hello Duyvu2709
    If you are looking for feedback here it go ( if not , ignore me xd) :

- Nice start , the poses are there but the problem is that everything looks like the computer is doing a lot of work.
    - You need to put more poses/keys in the parts so you take control over your animation and not the computer go from point a then b and c in a linear way. In the animators survival kit says that in a run cycle almost every time you will need to pose the character every frame ( so every frame would need a key) but I don't think that this apply to this cartoony character and is not that fast :) ( just like a side note from a good book)
    - Try to track the arcs of the hands and look at your graph editor since right now they are doing this weird movement maybe because the curve is not correct or the rotations got a little out of control ( you can fix it with euler filter in maya)
    - Now for the walk you need to overlap the different parts of the character, for example , the hand try to move first the shoulder > then the arm > then the elbow and hand so it can have that nice move. Same for the body/head rotations , try to not "move" everything at the same time.
    - The toes need to be flatten to the ground after he makes contact so you can sell the weight and because it feels weird that the toes still point to the sky after he made those steps :smile: 

Hope it helps :)
  • duyvu2709
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    duyvu2709 polycounter lvl 4
    Yep! Thank u somuch. your feedback great for me :smiley: