Home Dota 2

Dragon Knight set creation questions/issues (3DS Max)

juraiknight
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
juraiknight polycounter lvl 3
So, I've been working on a DK set for way way too long, but now I'm at the point to where I want to start putting pieces in game so I can see how my mask and texture works. Before the Reborn update, you could import items without it being skinned to any bone, so long as it was around the area where it needed to be. Now they have the workshop tools client, and, unless I'm sorely mistaken, items seem to need to be skinned in order for it to be previewed. I get a huge floating error sign. Anyone know if this is a known glitch? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

And lastly, I've struggled with placement of the individual items themselves on DK. It seems like they have obj, maya, and maybe max files for most of the heros now, except for DK. I've had to essentially place an item somewhere in space, upload it (in the old client), and tweak the items placement and rotation based on where they landed in game. I'm assuming that's not regular practice, and placing the item should be as easy as loading the skinned model/items and placing them in the same spot.

Replies