Home Featured Artwork

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 - Environment Art Dump

andylisk
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
andylisk polycounter lvl 8
Hi guys.  I am one of the artists at EA/PopcapHD and it is my pleasure to share with you some of the work the worlds team have done on Garden Warfare 2.  The game is a third person shooter based on the Plants vs Zombies franchise, and the second game in the series added a single player component on top of the multiplayer established in the first game.  Our game strives for quirkiness in it's aesthestics and our maps are aimed at creating a rich world showing the eternal conflict waged between the plants of the good and the zombies led by Dr Zomboss.

Having just released, personally this is my first shipped title and it was an honor to both work on this amazing title and have been a part of an amazing team.  On that note, I wouldn't have got the job for this game if it wasn't for Polycount!  A lot of the work done on this post were done in collaboration, I'm mostly showing work I did a majority of the work on and try to be as thorough as possible in terms of credits.  There will be more posts coming from artists on the team.

Replies

• Iciban
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Iciban polycounter lvl 10

Hey guys, I was one of the world artists on PVZ GW2. These are mostly beauty shots, which has been worked by a lot of the worlds team. There is some single shots/ sculpts for assets I worked on from start to finish. I was really fortunate to be working with such amazing and talented Popcap team.

As a world artist. You get to do a wide variety of things such as concept, model, texture and animate an asset. We would also create destruction states, collision/ enlighten mesh and add vfx effects to models.

I was responsible for exploration, model, texture, polish, destruction states, collision/ enlighten mesh and vfx effects.

• Nay_HO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nay_HO polycounter lvl 6
    I love this! these look so good!
  • Mobey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mobey polycounter lvl 8
    Hi folks, 

It took a while but I've finally gathered a few images of some the work I did while part of the Garden Warfare 2 team. It was a fun project to work on and a great team to be a part of. I hope you enjoy.

If you've stumbled across this here but would prefer to interact on Artstation, you can also find the gallery here.

• Mobey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mobey polycounter lvl 8
    Sorry - Duplicate post deleted.
  • AutumnPioneer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AutumnPioneer polycounter lvl 4
    Hands down, Garden Warefare 2 has some of my favourite environments to date in any game I've ever played. The attention to detail in this game is ridiculous, even on the models that are far outside the maps. The team are so talented and inspiring. Keep up the amazing work.