Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Roman Domus

Cay
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Cay polycounter lvl 5
Hey!

I've been working on a typical roman style house lately. It doesn't follow any specific concept art, but it's clearly inspired by Ryse and similar productions.
It's been a while and I'm at a point where I'd like to get some feedback from you!
Especially in terms of composition/framing, storytelling and the likes. But any feedback is welcome really.
(Ask for any reference pictures/breakdowns and I'll see to it)

It's supposed to look lived in or just very recently abandoned. Btw. I do not claim that it's historically accurate. :)

Replies

• FreneticPonies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FreneticPonies polycounter lvl 3
    Looks great except for this point light (I assume):

The general naturalness of the scene makes the blue lighton the upper right seem a bit odd, though maybe that's just an odd reflection?

Either way I love the rest of the lighting, letting the lightmapper do the work instead of having some complex setup that would never be feasible in an actual game to fake it. Though I'd make sure all the quality settings are turned up to max for the final shots, the aliasing on some of the baked sun shadows is pretty bad,
  • RobeOmega
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobeOmega polycounter lvl 10
    I love the lighting in this! Great work.
  • Cay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cay polycounter lvl 5
    @FreneticPonies yeah that's currently a problem.. I can't get rid of that light's reflection unless I eliminate the source radius of it (Min Roughness doesn't do much). That's been a known problem and I'll have to see what I can do. I'm still using 4.9 so they could have fixed it already.

Regarding the aliasing on the sun shadows.. I guess I'll up the lightmap resolution for the meshes directly affected to reduce it.

thanks! @Robeomega