Home Technical Talk

topogun retopo in the mouth

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Sunray polycounter lvl 7
Hey quick qeustion i'm working on my first character and i was wondering how do i get inside the mouth to retopo it 

Replies

• BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    I don't have the answer for you, but this is precisely why I gave up trying to use topogun.  Any hard to get at areas are impossible to retopologize properly.  At least that's what I remember... personally I use modo now which has a topo "mode" that does the same stuff as topogun with the added benifit being a fully featured 3d app where you can easily hide things and visualize what you need.
  • Vyalam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vyalam vertex
    I actually managed doing the interior of the mouth not in topogun; I just did the half of the head there and did the interior of the mouth in Maya so I could duplicate the other half and sew both parts :)
  • FourtyNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FourtyNights polycounter
    I'm using Blender for retopology, and it imports ZBrush tools as an .OBJ and splits them by polygroups if I have defined them. I usually have high poly models for upper and lower mouth, separated for easier retopology.
  • Sunray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sunray polycounter lvl 7
    I don't have the answer for you, but this is precisely why I gave up trying to use topogun.  Any hard to get at areas are impossible to retopologize properly.  At least that's what I remember... personally I use modo now which has a topo "mode" that does the same stuff as topogun with the added benifit being a fully featured 3d app where you can easily hide things and visualize what you need.
    i'vw figuredit out to split the mesh you can hide groups in topogun and by that i was able to hide the part of the mesh i needed to get inside the mouth but i'm going to take a look at modos retopo thanks
  • MmAaXx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MmAaXx polycounter lvl 10
    Blender has also great tools for retopo.