Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Quixel export options for Layered Materials workflow in UE4.

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
OccultMonk interpolator
I know you can export alphas from Ddo, to use in UE4. But you still have to combine 4 of them in an RGBA texture manually. Then inside Unreal, you have to create complex layered materials yourself if you want materials with high tillable details . 

Can't Quixel export/combine 4 Alphas to RGBA channels directly (and to multiple files for more)?  

An option to export the materials as tiling maps or automatically setup the UE4 Materials would be very handy? If i want to recreate for example a metal material to use as a material layer inside UE4 tile-able, then it would be very useful if Ddo could export the combined (unmasked) tiling maps for each (smart)material.

Replies

• Sythen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sythen polycounter lvl 10
    Hey Occultmonk,

Quixel Suite 2 already has this feature!
    Just right click up to four maps, and hit 'Export Masks', this will export each mask of the four layers to the RGBA maps respectively.

I hope this helps, let me know if that works for you!
    Scott. :)
  • OccultMonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OccultMonk interpolator
    Ok thanks,

But can Quixel Ddo also export the (Smart) Materials themselves (Normal/Albedo/etc)? These can than be used in tillable material functions inside UE4 and used in combination with layered materials.