Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's the Beast

The Beast - The sleeping beastie.

loretah
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
loretah polycounter lvl 7
Little beauty had to leave once again. They found each other not so long ago, with so little left they were glad to find out they were not alone. She left her doll on her beast as she slept, so she would not be affraid to wake up and find herself on her own. Little beauty left, there is much to do to survive, but she left behind a sign she would soon return.

Beauty shot, full frame

Beauty shot, close up

Wireframe

Beast texture

Topology: 
Beast: 10 632 triangles (including doll and butterfly)
Pedestal: 1 510 triangles

Textures:
Beast: 1x4095 texture, color only
Pedestal: 1x2048 texture, color only

Lighting and shading style: Unlit, diffuse only

Modeling done in Maya and Zbrush, texture painted in Substance Painter 2, rendered in Marmoset.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WIP:

I was inspired by this picture: 
I really liked the idea of a resting quiet beast. Anything scary can look peaceful. So I'm making a monorail panther bodied horse headed dragon winged and horned beast.

I'm having doubts about the wings; I only like how they look from above, and their bones seems too bended.
I'm thinking of texturing the wall as an very old dilapidated object, like a remnant of civilization.
The beast will be covered in scales, that would be my next step after a few final tweaks... If I don't completly redo the wings. I also need to close its eyes, it's trying to sleep.

It will have a doll on its back. The little beauty left it there, and it didn't bother the beast.
I don't know if I'll finish on the 11th since I have very little free time, but I'm still going to try.

Replies