Home Unity

Export maya rig animation to unity

illbein
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
illbein polycounter lvl 5
Hi everbody !

I build this character, rigged it , created a walk cycle and i want to attach a short to his body.
The short should move accordingly to the movement of the  leg and body.
I' am new to rigging and looked around to  find tutorials but some how i cant find tuorials  that is
giving me idea how to solve this problem.
So the question is how do i get the animation out of maya into unity?

Thanks !

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Make sure both the shorts and the body have the same pivot and transforms. Then export each animation as a FBX file. 

Have you seen these pages yet?
    https://www.google.com/search?q=unity animation export maya
  • minev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    minev polycounter lvl 4
    You have two problems: adding a new piece of geometry to already rigged, vertex weighted and animated model is first one. Correct export of animation is second one. 

For the second one, Eric pointed you right. 
    For the first one, attach new piece of geometry (pants) to already animated original model that is in it's 'Rest' pose and join the meshes. Remember to either leave enough offset between pants and leg geometry (to avoid face flickering) or simply delete leg geometry that is now hidden by newly added pants. 
    Then, when you play the animation, it will all look messed up as bones are moving your original model with vertex weights correctly, and newly added geo (pants) does not have any vertex weights. 
    To fix that, simply paint vertex weights to newly added pants according to animated bones and probably very similar to weights that leg has in those places.