Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Loading new id map? + Assigning material to mutliple ids?

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
C86G greentooth
Hey guys.

- I´m trying to load a new id map for an existing project but it keeps using the old one. How can I fix this? I also tried altering the id map from the project folder and load the project again, but DDO then says it cannot find the id map and asks to load manually, which I do but it still does NOT load my new id map.

- is it possible to assing a material to several ids from an id map?

- I cannot save a specifiv material I made. It says something is locked, but it isn´t (or at least I cannot find anything locked)

Looking froward to your help : )

edit: saving the new id map as a PNG and using this with the re-importer finally worked.

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey C86G!

Color ID maps are *.PNGs to the SUITE - make sure you load in *.PNG maps and you'll have no issues going forward. If you use a different format, the SUITE auto-converts to *.PNG. I suspect in this case what happens is that it already detects the *.PNG if another format had the same name, and just proceeds to load the *.PNG instead, even if it didn't change. I'll chat with my guys and see about getting the SUITE to behave better in that circumstance. :smile: 

Assigning a material to several IDs can be done in a few ways:

1) CTRL+C+LMB color IDs with the layer or group selected that you'd like to work with. Each click with CTRL+C held will add to the masking.

2) Enter DynaMask for the layer or group you'd like to assign. Open the Material ID rollout (assuming you have Advanced editing enabled from the DynaMask window), click on the Links button, and then CTRL+LMB each ID you'd like to add to the layer or group.

Can you give me more information about your Smart Material issue? What version of Photoshop you're on, and whether or not the layer exists across all channels of your *.PSDs?