Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

AK337 sniper modular

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Eddy Shin polycounter lvl 6
Hi guys, i just found this concept on google so i used it for practice myself. 
High res: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/YJk33

Replies

• Gazu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gazu polycounter lvl 12
    Hm....another 337 :)
    I think there is still space to improve this weapon. The Top Picatinny Rail is wrong. Just have a detailed look at a picatinny rail.
    Also your Normalmap is not clean enough. Look @ the bottom of the Magazine for example. The Magazine is a Tapco AK Magazine. Google it for better reference.

But i think the rest is pretty good ;)
    Your first weapon ?
  • Eddy Shin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @GAZU yes you're right! im just get started and still have so many thing to learn. This is the first time i make high poly gun and i don't even know the name of this gun so i guess i doing not well much. But i will trying to do better and i will fix it on lp bake version. Thanks for your advice GAZU  :D
  • Gazu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gazu polycounter lvl 12
    No problems, i think good 3d weapons are living from their details. So keep rockin! ;)
  • Eddy Shin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gazu said:
    No problems, i think good 3d weapons are living from their details. So keep rockin! ;)
    i will never forget it!  :D

btw, i just watched this awesome work from other artist and i just wonder how to make it or any key word to find tutorial about it. I've watched your topic too and i think with your experience you will have the answer if you have time for me, of course :D 
    Thanks and have a nice day GAZU
  • Gazu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gazu polycounter lvl 12
    Thanks. The Diamond Pattern is not difficult. Start with a Plane, create a Diamond shape out of it a add Support Loops to it, so when you add a TurboSmooth modifier, that the Diamond looks nice. If so, turn on Vertex Snap and Copy the Diamond maybe 20-30 Times to the Side (When you copy the Diamonds to the right side, your Pivot has to be on the Left Corner of the Diamond). Snap all Diamonds together. Now attach all Diamonds together and copy them 20-30 Times down. Use Vertex Snap to snap the Vertices together so that you have a wall of diamonds ;) Bend that whole thing to a cylinder and use it as floating geometrie.
  • Eddy Shin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gazu said:
    Thanks. The Diamond Pattern is not difficult. Start with a Plane, create a Diamond shape out of it a add Support Loops to it, so when you add a TurboSmooth modifier, that the Diamond looks nice. If so, turn on Vertex Snap and Copy the Diamond maybe 20-30 Times to the Side (When you copy the Diamonds to the right side, your Pivot has to be on the Left Corner of the Diamond). Snap all Diamonds together. Now attach all Diamonds together and copy them 20-30 Times down. Use Vertex Snap to snap the Vertices together so that you have a wall of diamonds ;) Bend that whole thing to a cylinder and use it as floating geometrie.
    finally i did it!!!! But still have few thing to figure it out, thanks for your help :blush: 
    i really really 
    appreciate that :D 

• Gazu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gazu polycounter lvl 12
  • Eddy Shin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i have a little bit update, still basic but have so much fun to working on

• Eddy Shin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    testing some setting with texture :D 

• Eddy Shin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    update a little bit 

• ZombieDawgs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZombieDawgs polycounter
    I feel like you lost a lot of resolution in the texturing process. Liking where it's going though, real Crytek feel from the images.
  • Eddy Shin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I feel like you lost a lot of resolution in the texturing process. Liking where it's going though, real Crytek feel from the images.
    yes, you're absolutely right! I still find a new way, a better way than mixing material/textures by PTS. I heard about substance painter but i never try it before, do you have any idea to help me this out pls?
    btw, i just rework the new grip 

• Cay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cay polycounter lvl 5
    I think you really need to change some of your edges.. especially on the main body and some of the simpler shapes. They are super tight right now and almost read like 90° edges. I can't judge how much of it is still work in progress though.
  • Eddy Shin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cay said:
    I think you really need to change some of your edges.. especially on the main body and some of the simpler shapes. They are super tight right now and almost read like 90° edges. I can't judge how much of it is still work in progress though.
    thanks for your comment but sadly, i just finished that gun and that's my first gun also. After that, i got some experience and learned some news and i will try to get it better. You can check my gun at here and tell me what you think, i will be very happy to see that :D 
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/mW82Z
    my new topic: http://polycount.com/discussion/comment/2421929#Comment_2421929