Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dark souls - Drifter Knight

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
kiister07 polycounter lvl 6
Hi everyone!

My name is Isaias Küster a.k.a Kiister07,This is my first post here, I'm a 3D character artist looking for some way to get better and share my artworks, I'd like to shared with you guys my last work a fan art of The Drifter Knight from Dark souls 3, I made him from mix his original concept by from From software ( that I will link it below) and the original model in game from the game test.I try to balance and add some of my own style in it. hope you like! 

Feel free to C&C and it will be much appreciated! :smile: 

Replies

• Nuclear Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nuclear Angel polycounter
    It looks good! A lot of the stuff look rather stiff though, the leather straps are very straight for example. And the folds on the leg and around his neck lack some weight. But it feels very dark souls. Great job, and praise the sun! 
  • Shendoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shendoo polycounter lvl 13
    Amazing man, that's a great work!!!
  • zetheros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zetheros interpolator
    Damn, that's really good.

Here are some crits:
    -I think you could do more work on the fabric and chainmail.
    -The metal feels... too bumpy. Currently, it looks more like aluminum foil than forged and tempered spring steel. Check out contemporary pieces of 15th-16th century gothic and maximillian armour; be sure you're looking at the real stuff, not cheap modern knockoffs.
    -Rust turns to black when in contact with armour wax; and a knight takes care of his/her armour. Reduce the red on the exposed parts, and add red/black as a sort of 'ambient occlusion'.
    -Increase vibrancy by adding hot and cold colors to create more depth and atmosphere, and to also define shape and form. Although the main color will be grey, it still feels too 'washed out'. Put in some subtle reds, blues, and greens.
    -It's fantasy armour, so realism doesn't really matter, but it'll help to study references more.

• kiister07
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you guys, I really appreciated the critics! 

I'll keep all this in mind @zetheros want to do more armor stuff sooner.

Thanks @Shendoo!

Yeah @Nuclear Angel  I made some mistake try to go freestyle mode on, shuold use marvelous design to get some nice folds, I try to balance between the concept and the in-game real model from the network test that i played. thank you for the critics
     and Vereor Nox! 

• kiister07
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I forgot post something, here link to sketchfab :smiley:

• kiister07
    Options
    Offline / Send Message