Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Technique to produce a handpainted effect in a matter of minutes. Feedback please.

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Eleszar1 polycounter lvl 11
Hello everyone last thread got closed because due to the hating i got from some people but no matter, i aint blaming anybody, so today i am going to show you a technique i have created through testings etc etc to produce handpainted stylized effects in a matter of clicks!
NOTE :neutral: What i want from you in this post is,  i want your opinion on the results, that this technique can give you,  before i finish my tutorial(in progress)!
First its been sometime since i was working on creating some unique materials  of mine that can give you these results(below pictures/marmoset viewer)
this technique requires  1-3 materials i have created depends how you want your models to look and projection master  and basic polypainting skills, I have created this technique to speed up the whole progress of handpainting style effect.
The following models are made using only this technique!
NOTE again   What i want from you in this post is,  i want your opinion on the results, that this technique can give you,  before i finish my tutorial(in progress)!
any hatefull comment or ironic comments will be ignored.
NOTE 2: Programs i used Zbrush, xnormals, and a litle photoshop
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/yEYwK

Replies

• neilberard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    neilberard polycounter lvl 17
    I don't think your assets do a good job of presenting your technique well. If you took a game object that had the fidelity in execution and design similar to an asset produced by Riot or Blizzard, I think there would be much more appeal for people to check it out.    
  • Eleszar1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't think your assets do a good job of presenting your technique well. If you took a game object that had the fidelity in execution and design similar to an asset produced by Riot or Blizzard, I think there would be much more appeal for people to check it out.    
    well i am not profeshional yet on handpainting, but hey i didnt say that i can reach blizzard art like style that depends on the artist
  • RobeOmega
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobeOmega polycounter lvl 10
    Is it possible to change the title from clickbait style to something that is more informative for people browsing the forum?
  • Eleszar1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Robeomega said:
    Is it possible to change the title from clickbait style to something that is more informative for people browsing the forum?

no i am sorry
  • Fingus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fingus polycounter lvl 11
    Well the results do look pretty good for a quick automated solution. Serviceable enough for a quick simple asset, and could probably make for a good base for a properly handpainted texture. I'm honestly interested in seeing what the process is. 

For the record. The reason you're getting a lot of flak is because you're dangling this self proclaimed amazing technique over people's heads without even explaining the basic concept.  Even now you're teasing it while the tutorial is still a WIP, and with an obnoxious clickbait-y title at that. 
    People aren't hating on you for no reason, they're annoyed with you because you're honestly being pretty rude.
  • Eleszar1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fingus said:
    Well the results do look pretty good for a quick automated solution. Serviceable enough for a quick simple asset, and could probably make for a good base for a properly handpainted texture. I'm honestly interested in seeing what the process is. 

For the record. The reason you're getting a lot of flak is because you're dangling this self proclaimed amazing technique over people's heads without even explaining the basic concept.  Even now you're teasing it while the tutorial is still a WIP, and with an obnoxious clickbait-y title at that. 
    People aren't hating on you for no reason, they're annoyed with you because you're honestly being pretty rude.
    indeed its realy helpfull for base handpainting  i will send you a link once the tutorial is finished probably in a week or so :)
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    Do artists really hate you?

:(

Sorry to hear man!
  • CGXel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CGXel polycounter lvl 3
    Robeomega said:

Artist hate him . Secret technique to produce a handpainted effect in a matter of minutes revealing! (GONE SEXUAL) (GONE WRONG) (IN THE HOOD) (ALMOST DIED)

I'm joking :)
    I agree, the results look really good for a 1 click solution, hopefully you share the technique for free, by the way you have a really nice portfolio, keep up the good work!

• slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    It's not bad as a starting point for a texture but in no way final art worthy IMO.  
  • Eleszar1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh said:
    It's not bad as a starting point for a texture but in no way final art worthy IMO.  

True it has some flaws  i am trying to improve it by getting some1 to create a script that i have in mind to finalyze this technique
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    This already had a thread, which got locked.
  • Blond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blond polycounter lvl 9
    Wow..the contrast between the comments here and the former thread is striking...Makes me wonder why people were so negative about your work in the other  one.

PC is a weird place sometimes...
  • Eleszar1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz said:
    This already had a thread, which got locked.

true the last thread  it went out of control
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I changed the title because it will only bring harm to this thread.

Also, if you're looking for feedback, I'm moving this to the 3d feedback forum.

**edit** Also, my bad, I didn't click the re-direct link option and it doesn't seem like I can create one retroactively. 
  • Eleszar1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blond said:
    Wow..the contrast between the comments here and the former thread is striking...Makes me wonder why people were so negative about your work in the other  one.

PC is a weird place sometimes...

i realy dont know in the last thread everyone went bananas for nothing XD
  • Eleszar1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I changed the title because it will only bring harm to this thread.

Also, if you're looking for feedback, I'm moving this to the 3d feedback forum.

thank you mate  i hope some dont get triggered now too easily
  • Eleszar1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CGXel said:
    Robeomega said:

Artist hate him . Secret technique to produce a handpainted effect in a matter of minutes revealing! (GONE SEXUAL) (GONE WRONG) (IN THE HOOD) (ALMOST DIED)

I'm joking :)
    I agree, the results look really good for a 1 click solution, hopefully you share the technique for free, by the way you have a really nice portfolio, keep up the good work!

Thanks a lot mate  realy the best comment i got so far !
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    You may get better feedback if you show a before and after of something worth looking at? You have flats of 2 things, but no before shot. The point of asking for feedback on tools is showing the process, not just the finished result. We have no idea what you`re doing, or what you`re trying to show. So the texture flat of your snake thing, what did that look like before you hit your magic button? And no, the crystal isn't enough. 
  • Eleszar1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius said:
    You may get better feedback if you show a before and after of something worth looking at? You have flats of 2 things, but no before shot. The point of asking for feedback on tools is showing the process, not just the finished result. We have no idea what you`re doing, or what you`re trying to show. So the texture flat of your snake thing, what did that look like before you hit your magic button? And no, the crystal isn't enough.
    the tutorial is in progress :)
  • Eleszar1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius said:
    what did that look like before you hit your magic button? And no, the crystal isn't enough. 
    basic polypainting like on the  crystal 2 diferent strokes of collor then the magic material and the magic button takes place