Home Technical Talk

Maya 16 viewport issue MAC

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Just upgraded to Maya 16. 10 mins into it all I can see is my selected verts while the viewport goes grey/black. It flickers between the 2 until I go into object mode

Anyone else having an issue? I've restarted both Maya and my comp. Couldn't find anything on the web.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Replies

• Cbonez888
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also, this only happens once the UV panel is open. After opened if I switch over to my perspective viewport and enter component mode whatever is highlighted on the "dark screen". Whats highlighted is the UV coridinates of the highlighted selection. but the screen is grey and it just toggles back and forth. 
  • Cbonez888
  • Joopson
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Are you using the latest Graphics-card drivers? I find that can make all the difference; or rolling back a few, if the newest seems to be an issue.

That's what I'd suggest.

Maya 2016 is typically pretty stable, and a pleasure to work with, so hopefully you get this sorted out.
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    on OSX you don't just fetch some new driver off the web - it's all part of the OS version. perhaps there's a mismatch there vs. recommended version to run this particular maya version?
  • Joopson
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Wait, really? That seems like an inefficient system, especially when you run into problems like these. Installing drivers is a godsend. But I guess Apple has their reasons.

Disregard what I said, then, and good luck with your problem!
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    Apple is a pretty closed system indeed. They do 5 Updates per OS Major Release and one of those every year. The drivers Come from Apple, not nvidia. Maya 2016 is recommended for 10.9 or 10.10 btw. 10.11 is not mentioned.
  • Cbonez888
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea, it is a closed system but powerful enough to get what i need done on it. I'm not gaming on it so it'll suffice.

I just saw that Maya is compatible with 10.9 and 10.10. I'm running 10.11.2. Seems odd that it wouldn't work with this version. I haven't seen anyone else post about this specific bug. I can work in Maya 16 but when it comes to unwrapping I have to export it and take it into Maya 15 so this screen flickering won't happen. Besides that it works like a dream with PBR! But, I've logged the bug with Autodesk so hopefully a fix is in the works. Downgrading my OS is a pain in the butt.

Thanks for the responses gents
  • Cbonez888
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anyone else having this issue? I just downloaded SP 5 for Maya 16 and it's still acting like a punk