Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's the Beast

The Beast - Bastards' Love

.csm
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
.csm polycounter lvl 7

Hi! My beast is going to be a mixture of inspirations from different movies, series that I enjoyed.

Backstory summary:
He is going to be a bastard of an extraterrestrial race and humans. In a world where it wasn't allowed for civilians to contact with the visitors, a relationship between them was the biggest taboo. There were rumors about alien individuals seeing brothels regularly. And today we all know it was true. Freaks can be spotted occasionally on the streets and more frequently close to the piers of spaceships. Humans don't accept them and the visitors neither do. They are trapped between two races, they don't have rights, they are not allowed in pubs and have to work for half of the minimal wage. Or even less. They are the Hunchbacks of society in the dawn of the arrival.

Personality:
I don't know much yet, but I want him to be a pier worker grabbing the steel cables of docking spaceships all day and getting really, really frustrated.

Portraying, pedestal:
Nothing strict yet, I like the overall mood of the picture below. Slightly elegant outfit, leaning on a lamp post and a bunch of roses. Waiting for his date that obviously isn't coming.

And finally my progress, I started with the head, not finished yet, but leaving it like this for now and jumping to the body next. He is probably going to be colored, maybe green, or blue. Just think about Guardians of the Galaxy. I like those colorful races.

Maybe I add some metal parts or prosthetics to spice it up. Robotic arms/hands to catch those cables. Not sure yet.

Skin ideas:

Dress ideas:
Slightly elegant or a rough outcast outfit

What do you think, slightly elegant outfit would be too simple for a contest like this?

Maybe tattoos on him. Some nice women to show what he admires, even if he can't get it.

Soo yeah, I'm still exploring the possibilities. It is quite exciting as I'm going to learn a lot of new techniques along the way and trying to produce a nice bit of art to put on my portfolio.

Replies