Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's the Beast

The Beast - On Her Grave

Hi,

First of all greetings to everyone since I am new to the forum.

Here's my first concept. Some of the ideas are still in development stage - should his face be half human/beast for example? I'll see about that.

He'll definitely be standing above Beauty grave holding her necklace.

Feel free to comment and share feedback.

Cheers.

Replies

• KingKellogg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KingKellogg polycounter lvl 6
    Need to see how you plan o doing the beast side.
  • Kozajsza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Still thinking about concepts for his face. Currently have 2 ways I may go - beat up or just pure ugly half man-half beast.

• RedBadgers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beat up scars and burns looks cooler
  • Kozajsza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update on the face.

• Kozajsza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Almost done with the body. Maybe will add some more details but seems ok to me.
    Will probably replace this ugly hair sculpt (first one I've ever made really) with poly hair and beard. But that's after remeshing, when I'll know how many polys I've left before I hit the limit. Will see about that.

Hopefully during incoming holidays I'll have some time to get to texturing stage. As for first project of this scope I'm pretty satisfied, I've learned a lot.
  • Kozajsza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First Retopo. Still needs some fixing. At this moment it's around 34k poly leaving me some space for adding hair and small details.

Unwrapped face with automatic tools and baked normals in xNormal just for test.

Now time to do some fixes to polyframe  and mesh itself, unwrapping and texturing.

And pedestal of course =)
  • Kozajsza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another update. Started to texture the guy. Pretty much done with the torso, now going for legs and extras. Leaving face, hair and pedestal for the end.

• Kozajsza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Almost final render, will maybe add or change some details before final submission. Iray looks awesome. Will probably try both Iray and Marmoset effects and choose whichever looks better.

• Kozajsza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Final Submission

Background
    Her tears were only medicine for his disease. Not that she’s died, he’s standing above her grave slowly turning back into beast he was when they’ve met. Gazing lifelessly into nothingness, he dwells about last pieces of his humanity believed to be enchanted into last tear inside her necklace.

Full Frame Shot

Closeup
    Wireframe

Texture Sheets

Few last words. First of all it was my first ever competition to take part in. I am very happy that I was able to finish - wasn't so obvious in the beginning. Considering the fact that around year ago I didn't know jack about sculpting or 3d art at all - I am pretty proud of myself to even be able to participate.

Good luck to all participants - some of the work posted here is completely stunning and gives me a huge boost to work harder.