Home Technical Talk

MODO - symmetry based on edge (as center) when object is off world center position?

Tzur_H
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Tzur_H polycounter lvl 9
Hey modoers!
I'm running 902, and I heard that there is a feature to get symmetry working by topology of the mesh, how does one access it?  With this, does it mean I no longer must have my objects centered in world position for this to work?
I'm going a bit mad with the symmetry here :S

Replies

• Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, topological symmetry means you define a loop of edges that is the symmetry axis and then it works out the symmetry based on the topology of the mesh either side of that.

Alt+click on the symmetry toggle to get the options for it up.
  • Tzur_H
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tzur_H polycounter lvl 9
    @Farfarer
    When I Alt+left click the symmetry button I don't get any different popups, see image - I can see under the snapping form there are 2 commands with Alt and Ctrl so I guess this is something I'm missing under the symmetry form?

Thanks for your help, saving me every time!
  • Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks like you might have modified the main MODO toolbar in an earlier version and carried the changes over to 901. Or using a kit/config that's done the same thing.

I suspect that's overriding the proper default toolbar with all the new settings in :P
  • Tzur_H
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tzur_H polycounter lvl 9
    Yeah I've probably messed it up back when I had 801, I wish settings up configs and customizing UI was easier.. I'm not going to mess with it again, it was a nightmare!

I'll just access it via the Edit menu I guess.  Thanks!