Home General Discussion

Insights Art : Educational information for new and learning game developers

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
cmc444 polycounter lvl 11
Hi All! 

I am working with a few other artists on a new online documentation and visual resource hub to help many new and learning game artist and developers!

I have found over the last few years there has been a hot topic of what information you need to know when entering the workplace as a student either fresh out of college or someone who decided against college and is looking for information on game development in general. This site would provide insight into specific assets of game development processes or pipelines or just general analysis of game ideology brought to you in bit sized simple portions from real industry professionals. 

In working to find more information on what topics are important to readers and growing artist I wanted to reach out to the polycount community. We are looking for what topics you are interested in hearing and reading about. What knowledge do you have trouble finding online? Any and all suggestions are welcome currently as we want as much user input as possible. 

Some example topics we are currently developing are:
  • Establishing Story and Background
  • Modularity and Reuse of Assets
  • Perspective and Player Camera
  • Branding and Visual Identity
  • Developer Quality of Life
  • Texture Resolution, Density, and Compression
  • Look Development
These topics and more we hope will help give back to the learning artistic community and help with understanding of an ever evolving industry.

In the comments please help us out by providing more example of topics you would like to learn about or hear discussed!

Thanks again for your continued support and I look forward to some good feedback from industry professionals and learners alike! Also thanks to everyone who has supported and provided content so far as we are really excited about our already growing library of content. If you would like to help contribute to this catalog or find out more as an industry professional feel free to message me. 

We are looking to launch by summer and have some awesome content for everyone!
Visit 
http://www.insightsart.com/ to get more infomation on what we are working on and to sign up for future information through our newsletter.