Home General Discussion

I keep getting logged out

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
m4dcow interpolator
So starting yesterday I have been constantly logged out of polycount while browsing. I remember others having this issue and not thinking much of it, but it has happened to me quite a few times in this short span of time.

I tend to browse by opening a bunch of tabs to whatever threads interest me and read through them as I go. One time I got a popup notification which animated downwards and disappeared. Another time I tried to post on a thread and got an error saying "Invalid CSRF token" and had to login again. I use a regular polycount login (not the google or whatever other option is there) and I use Internet Explorer (I know lol). I'm just wondering if anyone else is having the issue, and if it is being looked into.

PS: since this also concerns site issues and the bugs/suggestions thread was closed, where are you guys on un-subscribing from individual threads eg: I would like to be notified about activity in threads I have posted in, but I don't want to be notified by a thread like WAYWO where people post frequently.

Also since I have been logged out a bunch of times, the placement of the forgot password button is weird, I almost expect the login button to be there and the forgot pass to be a small text link and not a large-ish button.

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Try clearing out your Polycount  browser cookies. Two other members were able to solve the same problem this way. They had about 20 cookies each. How to delete IE cookies. Let us know if that doesn't work.

Also remember you can always contact a moderator if you need anything. Our contact info is in the General Discussion sticky Information About Polycount & New Member Introductions.

About unsubscribing. I use these options in my profile, works pretty well. 

The 4th option is off to prevent high-traffic threads from notifying me, if I replied in them at some point. One downside is I have to manually Favorite any threads I want notifications from, like if I reply to someone and I want to know about responses. I wish there was an option to auto-favorite threads I reply in. This will go in the wish list. The site team needs to discuss this, but I would like to share a site wishlist, maybe a roadplan too. We'll see!

We'll look at the Forgot Password button. Thanks for the feedback!
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmm, this seems pretty obvious to me... small dark I FORGOT button vs. big green SIGN IN. Were you talking about something different?

• m4dcow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    Try clearing out your Polycount  browser cookies. Two other members were able to solve the same problem this way. They had about 20 cookies each. How to delete IE cookies. Let us know if that doesn't work.

Also remember you can always contact a moderator if you need anything. Our contact info is in the General Discussion sticky Information About Polycount & New Member Introductions.

About unsubscribing. I use these options in my profile, works pretty well. 

The 4th option is off to prevent high-traffic threads from notifying me, if I replied in them at some point. One downside is I have to manually Favorite any threads I want notifications from, like if I reply to someone and I want to know about responses. I wish there was an option to auto-favorite threads I reply in. This will go in the wish list. The site team needs to discuss this, but I would like to share a site wishlist, maybe a roadplan too. We'll see!

We'll look at the Forgot Password button. Thanks for the feedback!

So I went ahead and deleted what polycount cookies I had, and vanilla forums cookies too (only 3 for each). Though, last night I didn't seem to be getting logged out as often as I had been. Hopefully this does the trick.

For the notifications, my thinking is that if I have a favourite for every thread I reply to, the favourites aren't as useful since they end up more cluttered. Something like how facebook does it would be cool, but I understand that there might be technical limitations that get in the way of this.

For the forgot password thing, it's not a big deal just a weird UI thing for me. Like if I move my cursor and click in the password field, the closest button is the forgot password one, so initial instinct is to click there regardless of colour. Maybe if the sign with google and openid buttons were below the regular sign in button it wouldn't be an issue. I think something like the create account link at the bottom in small text would be more fitting. As I say, it isn't a big deal the functionality is there, its just a peeve of mine that I wouldn't care about if I didn't start getting logged out a bunch of times.

• McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    I will mention that I had the issue and I was using Firefox and the clear cookies issue solved it for me.

Also, I was thinking the same lately, as I get 5 notifications in the list for the same thread, and it would be much more practical if those could be stacked for each thread, and a reply count next to it instead.

• PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    McGreed said:
    I will mention that I had the issue and I was using Firefox and the clear cookies issue solved it for me.

Also, I was thinking the same lately, as I get 5 notifications in the list for the same thread, and it would be much more practical if those could be stacked for each thread, and a reply count next to it instead.

I would love this.