Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Something Overwatch-ish maybe

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
weisheng polycounter lvl 9
So I didn't get a key into the Overwatch beta but reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly loved everything Blizzard did with it, so instead of playing - I did a lil kind of fanart to fit in that world.

Replies

• Dethling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dethling polycounter lvl 11
    Really nice work, clean forms & colors.
    But something still missing to give it the ultimate "That is Overwatch" vipe, but I can't pinpoint it (maybe some "superhero flair^^")
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    Neat character.  First of all I like what you're going for.  I think you're missing a few things that really push this into the Overwatch style.  First of all your colors feel extremely muted.  Overwatch has what I might call a 60-20-10 ratio of colors.  A major primary color, some secondary and a small splash of bright saturated color.  I think your color scheme reminds me the most of McCree in that the primary colors are earthy and muted.  Even though the browns are separate hues, they kind of run together at times.  I almost consider the white to be the secondary color but I don't think it stands out enough as it is.  You have a small color splash on the turtle neck and floating points on hips, but I feel that it needs to be a bit more saturated to give points of interest and break up color.  The pants could use some modeling on the wrinkles to break up the silhouette form as well.  They look heavy and drooping but there is nothing in the form to back it up.
  • skadoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skadoo polycounter lvl 7
    Just wanted to say I think you did a great job on the head. I'm digging the way the clothes too.
  • EiGHT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EiGHT polycounter lvl 10
    Mmmmm, dem hips.
  • BagelHero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero interpolator
    Great work, I agree with a few of the above crits, but overall this piece is very appealing. ;) Well done!