Home Quixel Megascans

Quixel Suite 2.1 is OUT NOW!

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Synaesthesia polycounter

With a new year comes a new build! 

2.1 is OUT: Symmetry painting, Quixel Colors for creating material ID maps in 3DS Max and Maya, wireframe & backface toggling in 3DO + lots of other improvements & fixes. Grab the upgrade from within the Suite!

- Introducing: Symmetry Painting, including 1 plane, 2 plane and 3 plane symmetry options
- Introducing: Quixel Colors 1.2, for quickly assigning material IDs in Maya and 3dsmax (including baker for 3ds max)
- Added Wireframe toggle, including presentation settings
- Added Backface Culling toggle
- Added 3D Paint Invert toggle
- Added Seam Dilation slider in paint mode
- Improved Metal & Wood base material values
- Search function in material browser now much faster
- Importer in 3DO now loading faster
- Improved UI for input fields in 3DO
- Updated 21 Pure Metal Smart Materials
- Fixed broken legacy skin
- Fixed issue with disappearing Dynamask editor
- Fixed offline activation bug
- Fixed license activation bug
- Fixed NDO/DDO startup crash
- Various UI improvements
- Additional minor bug fixes

Also: Massive credit to Valve's own David Lesperance for this latest Japan inspired artwork textured with Suite 2 and rendered in V-Ray.

Replies

• Vipera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vipera polycounter lvl 2
    Quixel Colors 1.2 script does not work right in 3ds max. When I apply the same material to different parts of mesh objects one by one then it creates additional sub-material instead of instancing of existing material. Another problem is that final Multi/Sub-Object material does not keep names of applied materials. Instead of Plastic, Zinc, Fabric,... materials they have names Material #130, Material #179, Material #167, etc.
    I have tried to use it in Max2016.
  • Sythen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sythen polycounter lvl 10
    Hey Vipera, we're aware of the issue with multi-instancing materials in Colors 1.2 Beta. We're working on it! Should be resolved within the next releases. :)
  • davaze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

So now I tried to update to this version again and it still tells me Suite is not installed, why?

My installation is not in default C partition but on D partition, the rest of the file path is the same, program files/Quixel Suite 2.0 etc.
    Does the patch only look in C drive for Quixel installation?

Thanks.