Home General Discussion

Does the new Vanilla forums accept HTML5 videos links or iframe code?

StephenVyas
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
Recently, I've found HTML5 to be a better option than displaying loopable animation gif files. (Smaller sizes, increased resolution) 
Would html5 video links from other hosts be supported? (i.e Gfycat, your own server, etc). 
When pasted, they appear as a text link rather than a video. 
Maybe I'm just inputting the wrong video tags here?...Sorry, I've never used a Vanilla forum before.  

Also I wanted to ask about the option of having iframe code.
With the control that iframe brings, it would allow us to customize the presentation.
(Removing buttons, titles, borders, *making videos loop, auto-play, and full control of the resolution/sizes displayed in the post, etc). Basically, it helps to provide a cleaner and overall more custom look for those who find presentation important.

Just wondering if these features are hidden somewhere in the new forum?
Thanks and have a happy holidays everyone!

Replies

• RN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RN sublime tool
    From what I experienced, not all HTML works when writing in HTML mode (the </> button in the post toolbox). I imagine this is a safety measure so people don't insert some crazy Javascript or Flash.
    IFrame doesn't seem to work. There seems to be a Sketchfab icon added to the toolbox, so maybe it's a matter of requesting to be able to embed a Webm video?

Also, and I believe this is an oversight, when you preview your post it may be different than what appears on the thread. Some processing must happen after you commit your post (like turning a YouTube link into the embedded player), so you need to edit your post later in case it doesn't look like what you want.