Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First ZBrush Character - Would Love Critiques

allengingrich
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
allengingrich polycounter lvl 2
You guys are always so helpful with your praise and critiques. This is my first organic ZBrush model (I've used ZBrush, but only to manipulate fabric in other models, etc). I'm self-satisfied obviously, but would love to hear what I did right and wrong in your eyes. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Optinium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Optinium polycounter
    In typical first sculpt fashion it seems you've gone to high a subdivision to fast, so you end up with a blobby sculpt.
    Stay in lower polycounts/sub divisions for as long as you can to set the forms then move up only when you have exhausted every last polygons use for shape.
  • allengingrich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Optinium said:
    In typical first sculpt fashion it seems you've gone to high a subdivision to fast, so you end up with a blobby sculpt.
    Stay in lower polycounts/sub divisions for as long as you can to set the forms then move up only when you have exhausted every last polygons use for shape.
    Thanks for the comment. When you say blobby, are you talking about mostly the silhouette (crown of head and jawline)? Just trying to make sure I understand. Thanks again!
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    He means blobby cuz all of your surfaces appear bumpy, not the silhouette.  Although you can see the bumpiness in the silhouette as well...
  • allengingrich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh said:
    He means blobby cuz all of your surfaces appear bumpy, not the silhouette.  Although you can see the bumpiness in the silhouette as well...
    I see -- like around his cheeks mainly? I altered the main form a bit at the end, as the cheeks were sunk in too much. That's probably where it happened. Thanks for your help!
  • Sheers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just like @slosh and @Optinium said, you jumped to high sub-d level to quick.  For instance, I can see the pecs, cheeks, lips,eyes and a few other areas that have incorrect anatomy.  Have anatomy references with you and study them carefully, and see how muscles interact with the body.