Home General Discussion

Automodeller Pro for 3DS Max

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Shrike interpolator
Just stumbled on this on facebook randomly

http://www.automodeller.com/index.html

Not using 3ds myself but very interesting stuff.
Seems really cool and advanced, but expensive.

Replies

• MasterBeard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MasterBeard polycounter lvl 7
    If it works as good as it looks on a demo, that would be incredible. That price thoght.. :(
  • Dan Powell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dan Powell polycounter lvl 5
    Honestly, I feel like this is one of those things that looks extremely useful in the demo, but in practice, only works well on very specific examples, such as the ones shown in the demo.

I'd be interested in seeing a full tutorial on it, with at least an hour or so of content so that I had an idea about the limitations of the software (it obviously has some limitations, all software does.) Plus, how many polygons is that thing chucking around? I can see that Automodeller is chucking around close to 30 million polygons in one of those demos, but can 3DS Max cope with that..? 

Good work to the developers however, as everyone always appreciates new plugins to play around with. :)
  • ExcessiveZero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ExcessiveZero polycounter lvl 6
    Wow costs about as much as Zbrush, demo and stuff all looks pretty glitzy reminds me a little of this http://hocuspocus-studio.fr/tools/product/267/
    or this even which I thought was a bit expensive for a script .....
    http://www.code-artists.de/pattern.html

but I have reservations as anyone should at this price lol, I cant see any of the geometry painting done in realtime, you can actually see lots of turny wheels in the videos and these are sped up I also would like to see some end result bakedowns as the result of this workflow, but I personally think I wouldn't want to surrender that much control for Sci fi pieces and the like, Bricks it looks fantastic but I already have a brick workflow....
  • a3sthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    a3sthesia polycounter lvl 10
    I haven't had a chance to look into this in great depth, but is it much like ZBrush's mesh insert?
  • Mikademius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mikademius polycounter lvl 4
    We just tried out the demo at work and one of our artists started crying. If the price is the same as Zbrush that is great. The time you save on this would give your money back within hours. Will check it out some more though before making a statement. Soon we will all be out of work as modelers. We will either be turbosquid purchase artists or autogenerate mesh artists... "artists"...
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    I was under the impression  you still need to feed it  models..or does it actually generate  bricks and or greeble?
  • ExcessiveZero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ExcessiveZero polycounter lvl 6
    "The Trial Version only works with the objects from the example scenes, you will not be able to use your own meshes as geometry-textures or target objects. Also you may not use any of the 3D models provided with the Trial Version in any commercial project"

Safe to assume it needs to be fed meshes then it can object paint.

it looks good don't get me wrong, its clever in what its doing no doubt its an advanced Object painter with a lot of cool features if they are as they say in the feature list.

is it going to render 3D modelers obsolete? and send them into unending fits of weeping having seen the face of god and achieving awareness of their infantile contribution in the grand scheme of things, Just like 3D scanners did 10 years ago ? only time will tell dear friends.

• malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    Hey, tried to watch the videos, but they're stuck streaming. Can you get a youtube account and post them there?