Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP - Akira Speederbike

JonathanChoi
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
JonathanChoi polycounter lvl 2
Hey everyone! For a college course we were assigned to concept and model a vehicle. I decided to merge the bike from akira with a speeder bike from Star Wars

Sorry about the rough concept.

I started up on the block in and this is as far as I have

Any critique is welcome. 

Replies

• keket
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    keket polycounter lvl 2
    It might just be the perspective, but it seems kinda squashed, the Akira bike is a long sleek bike, I think just extending out the rear and adding some cowling over the top of the engine (Like some kind of mud guard, haha) would get it looking more in line.

Loving the attention to detail though, some very nice modeling!
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    I'm surprised you haven't got one of the hover craft from Akira on your mood board. They're not the most attractive of vehicles, but they might still be a useful design reference.

• JonathanChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

keket said:
    It might just be the perspective, but it seems kinda squashed, the Akira bike is a long sleek bike, I think just extending out the rear and adding some cowling over the top of the engine (Like some kind of mud guard, haha) would get it looking more in line.

Thanks for pointing that out! I looked it over and i think the reason its looking a little short is because i took off the wheels which normally extrude quite a bit from the "base" of the bike. I've tried to extrude the back piece but some of the smaller pieces are starting to intersect with eachother. If I have the time I'll try and work on it more.
    I'm surprised you haven't got one of the hover craft from Akira on your mood board. They're not the most attractive of vehicles, but they might still be a useful design reference.

I completely forgot about those! thanks for the reference!

I've moved onto the highpoly. Here's what I have updated:

For this assignment we're supposed to set up a small environment surrounding the vehicle. I'm doing an alleyway and basing it off of one of the scenes in Akira
  • JonathanChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Started to work on the Low poly

I usually struggle in the low poly stages so any critiques/advice would be much appreciated
  • JonathanChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another quick update
  • JonathanChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    More work on the low poly

• JonathanChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Unwrapping the low poly. Here's the progress

• skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    That looks like alot of segments for a low poly version , how many tris / poly is it ?