Home Contests & Challenges Archives Warframe

[Alt Helmet] - Volt - Infineon

Replies

• BagelHero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero interpolator
    Hi Screamheart!
    Sculpts are free-range, you can do what you want and use as many points as you need to realise your vision (before your computer crashes, of course). I wouldn't say it's wise exactly to jump to 30mil polys immediately, but the point is I think you're misunderstanding the workflow.
    You will later be taking a version of the high poly mesh and retopologising it. As such, the high poly sculpt can be however many polygons you'd like, because you'll be modelling a mesh around later it that's much lighter on the polygons, then baking the details down from the high poly to the low poly.
    More info:
    http://wiki.polycount.com/wiki/ReTopologyModeling
    http://wiki.polycount.com/wiki/NormalMap

So at this point, don't be afraid to make parts higher resolution, or combine a lot intersecting shapes. It won't hurt you in the long run!

• Screamheart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Screamheart polycounter lvl 8
    Thank you Bagel, you have just saved me a ton of trouble. xD I guess I got a couple days of practice with hard edge and retopologizing. Lol
  • novabjorn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Scream, you were on the GrumpNTug stream saturday right?

It's looking like you're getting more familiar with zbrush now. I find a fun way to play with hard edged shapes is to use:

H-Polish Brush

Z Intensity = 100
    LazyMouse on > LazyStep = .1 > LazyRadius = 10

This will let you draw hard edge lines/shapes with ease and really play around with your concept. Drawing with this brush normally with give a slight concave shape and using the alt key with give you a convex shape. Hope this helps.
  • Screamheart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome, I'll try this! And yes, I was on his stream. xD I don't touch the settings on brushes much, which may be why I have such trouble. I have been practicing in Z-Brush multiple hours a day, but it is slow going, since my only source of information is guides. So when I get stuck I can't ask for help. I added Grump on Skype, but he is a busy man, and is only available when I am sleeping, so yeah. Lol. 
  • Screamheart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would love some feedback for my most recent version. I am trying to get the style closer to Warframe helm style.
  • soreg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks like great Atlas helmet.
  • Acculluz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    When I read "infineon", I didn't think it would be you Screamheart XD
  • Screamheart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys I am having some trouble. I was wondering if you could tell me why the Tint Mask RGB isn't allowing me to change the 1st 3 colors in the Warframe TennoGen previewer. I am testing with the files directly from the game, so it should work. Next to Tint Mask, I clicked the box, selected the VoltHelmet_Mask, and then clicked the 4 circles next to it to change the colors, but only the 4th circle does anything, and it changes the entire model.