Home Technical Talk

Problems with floating geo sorting/order incorrectly?

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
Carabiner greentooth
Hi all - 
I've run into a strange problem that I'm not sure how to search for help with.

So I'm making this bulletin board asset for the scene I'm working on for an old Noob Challenge. It looks fine when I import it into Substance Painter to texture. But then when I import it into UE4, the sorting order of the floating geo for post-it notes, paper, etc gets wrong? It's hard to explain in words, but here's what I mean:

Viewed in Maya perspective view (post-it note in question is selected - keep an eye on that one)

Viewed in Maya orthographic view (post-it note in question is selected)

Viewed with texture in Substance Painter

Viewed in UE4 (top is with material, bottom without). Suddenly that green post-it note is below the paper, and the other small green post-it note is on top of the frame.

What could be causing this? Things I've tried: pasting the asset into a new file, exporting it with Export Selection instead of fbxExporter, saving out the fbx with a new file name.

Replies

• Carabiner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Carabiner greentooth
    Hey, just wanted to push this back up to the front page - I know bumping is frowned on, but it's been a while now and I'm curious why this doesn't have any responses! Is it just something super obvious that I am missing (a very real possibility) or is it just a weird thing that can't really be fixed?
  • Scruples
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scruples polycounter lvl 10
    Check your textures for an alpha, make sure there's no alpha sorting at all. Try changing the format of your textures, if that fails you'll need to update us with a look at your shader and texture settings/format etc.
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    Whats the size of this objects in UE? Do you still get it if you set the scale to something like 10 or 100? Cause my floating geos are always a lot more closer to the main mesh than yours, and I never got this yet.