Home Adobe Substance

In Need of In Depth Explanation of Substance/Texturing

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Shylock polycounter lvl 2
I'm very very new to 3D modeling and texturing and I would say I'm familiar with most terms that the everyday noob would know. I have spent the majority of my time modeling and watching modeling tutorials to better understand the current program that I use (3dsMax) and that has been coming along fine. What's bothering me, or what I can't find the explanation for at my level of know how is texturing and using substance designer/painter to do that. I have watched their videos as well as the PBR documents they have and its just not clicking for me at all. I'm not familiar with what the different types of maps are meant for, like (normal,spec,diffuse). And I also am not familiar with how to use the node system within designer. I barely even know how to properly UV map an object to then not knowing what to do once I have that map. I am very interested in learning how to make materials as well a texturing my own objects but it seems like there's not the superdumbeddown version of explaining how to do/learn these things anywhere. If anyone could take the time to point me in the right direction of forum posts/videos/write ups that were helpful to you or you provide your own explanation, I would appreciate it because this is something i want to know how to do but can't even grab the simplest of concepts about. I have surveyed forums on here and polycount but I don't seem to find much.  :/

Replies