Home Adobe Substance

SD: Make a Node tile repeat on an input.

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
I have made a Material node thats 1024 in size.

My final image is 4k, I need that material node to repeat 4x across the image as the input. So it will in short tile (repeat the process) its node processing every 1024 tile on that 4k image total. I thought this was done with pixel size, but thats not it.

I cannot split the image into 16 inputs to combine together as a 4k because some tile while others do not correctly unless the image is transformed as a whole.

In short I need some sort of interrupt on the materials node that acts like a 2D Transform on itself before it interacts with the input image.

*Also I realize you can turn off tiling in the material node, but it still gives that seam, hence why to have it tile across the entire image at once.

Replies

• Bruno Afonseca
    I'm a bit confused with what you're trying to achieve here...
    Would this help?
    https://share.allegorithmic.com/libraries/20
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    I dont know how to explain better. I looked at the tool you have Brunco, and no, I don't believe so.

Lets say you use a noise mask to drive height in a material graph you're making right? Now, that noise mask is repeating once across the entire material graph. This material was setup for a particular px size so the depth and everything looks right.

Now, you want to take that material and apply it to a much larger image but keep the same noise ratio You cant just throw that graph node over as the output from the input image as that image is much larger than the original px size. So the depth and everything is fubar (see last image). So I need a way that will take that material creator node I make, and BEFORE the input of the driving image, will repeat its processing based on tiling X times.

That help? If this is not possible, work arounds? The amount of noises I have in that material graph and the different Transform 2d tile sizes of some of the sub nodes would make it complicated to change and add all these transforms. It would also ruin the idea of keeping this master material graph to a 1 unit in game measurement.

I did try to originally split the original image into tiles matching the material graphs 1 unit. But since some parts across tiles repeat while others do not, its leaving seams. So I need to do it across the entire surface at once by tiling the material graph on the input image.