Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Door bashing thingie

EVernier
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
EVernier polycounter lvl 8
Here's a wip of an animation I'm working on. What do you guys think so far ?

[vv]143054578[/vv]

Replies

• Hito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    The last action is quite nice, where he pushes the door to the side. The first punch and body slam looks odd, it's as if the door is magnetic and he's made of metal. It doesn't feel like he is the initiating the action.
  • EVernier
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, I'll work on those actions.
  • Hito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    I know the last comment wasn't terribly helpful... The punch feels stuck because the fist is held at the same exact position for several frames after impact. It needs to rotate a little bit and/or slide off the door as the body is pulling away.

Body slam is similar, I can see it bouncing off the door, but it's easy to miss. It also starts at the same distance from the door as the punch, making it feel less powerful. He could take a step or two back to get a running start for the second "attack" on the door, and even a leap into the door.
  • Arturow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arturow polycounter
    Hello EVernier!

It looks cool! also adding to Hito comment , I suggest a little more anticipation in the first punch , like in the hips translation Y and a bit more of overlap in the body when he "travel" to punch the wall

Good work! :D
  • EVernier
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick update, added an Idle animation at the beginning and worked a bit on the actions mentionned above. Still have to put more work into it, though.

[vv]143543452[/vv]
  • cainy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cainy polycounter lvl 5
    Try adding a tiny ammount of bounce/shocwave to the fist upon the impact with the wall, I know its a hard wall, but 2 forces would still push each other out. And slow down the body slam or its anticipation he lacks a bit of weight when springing off.