Home Technical Talk

Zbrush 4R7 Startup brushes problem

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Clyptic polycounter lvl 6
Hey all, recently upgraded to windows 10 and Zbrush 4R7 64 bit. I have a couple brushes I like using from other artist or older versions of zbrush.
If I remember correctly, in past versions I just added the brushes to the zstartup>brushpresets folder. The new brush shows up in Zbrush, however when I do this, all the brushes in zbrush don't work correctly and run extremely slow.
I could always load up a brush I want after launching Zbrush, but that's pretty impractical.
Am I missing something or is it bugged?

Replies

• knacki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    knacki polycounter lvl 11
    Put them in zBrushes folder instead.
    You can reach them via lighbox.
    The way you do, all of them are loaded into memory, as far as I know.
    That makes it slow. Once seen at ZBC.
    Good luck.
  • Clyptic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clyptic polycounter lvl 6
    knacki wrote: »
    Put them in zBrushes folder instead.
    You can reach them via lighbox.
    The way you do, all of them are loaded into memory, as far as I know.
    That makes it slow. Once seen at ZBC.
    Good luck.

Thanks for the advice, but that's exactly what I am trying to avoid. I want the brushes to load up upon startup with the default ones. I am also only talking about 2-3 brushes here, which shouldn't have an impact on performance.
  • Tzur_H
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tzur_H polycounter lvl 9
    Hey, I've created my own brushes and added some from other artists and it loads fine and runs fine on ZBrush 4r7 P3 WIN 7.

Sorry can't be more of a help, it sounds like it's something at your end.
  • dsoto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dsoto polycounter lvl 3
    One way is to create a shortcut to the brush location and put that shortcut in the Zstartup folder, you should see the shortcut in lightbox, that was from Paul G. You are not supposed to have more than 20 brushes/tools/Alphas in the startup folder, I have a lot so this trick really helps