Home Quixel Megascans

ANSWERED: Can't Export from dDO Anymore

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Zedblade polycounter lvl 10
So dDO was working just fine a few weeks ago. Stopped using it as I went onto working in the ue4 editor, so I wasn't making any more props. Came back to create some more assets and now dDO is refusing to export anything new I create.

I have the the stability patched installed, I'm only using 4k textures, the same resolution I'e been using since the start. I've tried all the calibration profiles, I've lowered the resolution to 50%, tried many different drives and paths and nothing so far.

I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Suite.

The weirdest thing is that this is only a problem with new projects I've made. Any project I completed and saved from weeks ago will open and export just fine. It's only with new projects. I've created a very simple project at 1024x1024 and provided nothing but an ID map and even that refuses to export.

I've already searched around and the only similar problem I found on the forums was someone trying to export 8k maps and changing to 4k fixed it. So I don't know if it's the same thing.

This is my workstation machine so nothing has really changed on it since then. Only updates to UE4 and the like as far as I know. Again, it still exports project I saved from weeks ago but nothing new. I don't know what to try anymore.

Hopefully someone can help as this is rally frustrating.

Thanks!

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey Zedblade - the only thing you didn't list was the version of Photoshop you're running. So let's start troubleshooting there: what version are you on currently?
  • Zedblade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yep, knew I was forgetting some details.

Currently using CS6. Same version and installation I was using a few weeks back when everything was exporting fine.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    By "refuses to export" do you mean that the exporter doesn't generate maps at all? I'm sorry if it sounds like a silly question, but I just want to narrow it down to a specific point in the process. Are you getting any popup messages at all? If possible, perhaps use Gyazo.com to make a *.GIF screen capture so we can see exactly what happens.
  • Zedblade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    By "refuses to export" do you mean that the exporter doesn't generate maps at all? I'm sorry if it sounds like a silly question, but I just want to narrow it down to a specific point in the process. Are you getting any popup messages at all? If possible, perhaps use Gyazo.com to make a *.GIF screen capture so we can see exactly what happens.

Correct, No errors, no pop-ups. Just click export and nothing happens.

Tried to use Gyazo, but it doesn't capture dDO or any of it's screens, only photoshop.
  • JSA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JSA
    I have the exact same issue. DDO was working a fine a week ago even up to 16k textures, but for some reason it stopped exporting things. When trying to export anything past 4k textures the export button simply does not do anything, nothing happens - no loading, no crashes, simply nothing. This is for all projects, old and new, but as soon as I downsize to 4k it exports fine.

At first I thought it was due to the lack of usable ram, since the first time this occured I was working on a 16k texture, but even a 6k texture won't export anymore.

I have re-installed Quixel Suite and reset Photoshop preferences and still no luck. I am on a 64bit Win7 and Photoshop CS4 (waiting for 2.0 so I can get back to CC2015).

EDIT: SOLVED! Well aren't I stupid. I have been having this issues for a couple of days and failed to notice the stickied stability patch post. Downloading the stability patches fixed the issue for me.
  • Zedblade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Unfortunately for me it seems much worse. I have the stability patch already and it won't export any resolution, not just over 4k. I've also noticed that if I create a new empty project, without any materials added, I can export. As soon as I add a material of any sort, smart or not, It refuses to export. However, what makes my situation even more frustrating is that old projects from weeks earlier still export fine. 

I've resorted to exporting manually, but with so many assets and exporting using the UE4 optimize setting so that metalness, roughness and AO are in the same texture, it destroys productivity and makes what was a 1 second button press into a 10 minutes process for every asset, and for every iteration, which adds up to hours of wasted time. I hope 2.0 comes out soon and fixes this.

For now I'm going to assume the reason there hasn't been any feedback is because they genuinely don't know what the issue is and not because they are ignoring me.
  • Pleasure
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pleasure mod
    i have sent you a pm Zedblade. Anyone else is still having this issue let us know.

Sincerly,
  • Utility
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Utility polycounter lvl 7
    Not sure if it's the exact same issue, but I can't export either; when I hit the button, it asks me to save some PSDs for some reason (titled like "Albedo nM-bI-np-ES copy.psd" which I'm assuming is definitely not right), and that's it. I'm on win7/Photoshop CC2014