Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

College Project - Hand Painted Character Design WIP

Thought I would add some stuff here for some on going Criticism from sources outside of College.
Character Info: For my Character I have chosen The Ankou from Breton Lore. I have decided to set him in the 19th Century. He will feature in a Game Environment I hope to create later in the College year.

Ankou has quite a bit of lore and Symbolism behind him. Hes quite a cool Character. Anyway, I have chosen to focus on Owls as his main symbol. Hence the Owl skulls and feathers on his shoulders. The Wide Brimmed hat is a staple in his design. The chain is to connect to a Scythe to symbolize his servitude to Death.

If you want to read more about him you can here:
http://www.paranormal-encounters.com/wp/the-ankou-ancient-celtic-lore/

Concept & Plan
The Image on the left was his earliest "Final Design", The two on the right are the plans I will be Sculpting from. I will however be changing the eyes I think to that more similar to an owl, bigger and darker.

cqfOT1B.jpg

Here is an extremely quick and dirty colour block out. I am trying to avoid the traditional Blues and Purples of the Grim Reaper and avoiding Black altogether cause... well its kind of boring.

It has been suggested I go for more Browns and Greys and really push the Owl influence but I dont know... I think I really like the "Natural/Nature" twist of the greens as I think it suits the Character.

XlLnpUu.jpg

Thats all I have for now I am afraid, working away on the Low Poly model and will update some 3D stuff next week when I reach that stage.