Home Contests & Challenges Archives Killing Floor 2 - Guns 'n Gear - CONTEST HAS ENDED

[KF2] - Item - Coop de Grace

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Port-Seven polycounter lvl 7
Most recent update:

wip_004_zpscgrqhyg2.png

EDIT: New concept! Originally I had the idea for a chicken hat but found out after posting that the Chickenator already exists. I already had a 3D block out for the hat and really liked the silhouette, so I'm tweaking this concept to be a sort of gentleman crow mask/hat.

New (rough) concept: Attempted Murder

KF2_gentlemancrowconcept_zpsrj0prr1f.png

This will be for DJ Skully. I think it would also fit Ana, but the fact that it's a gentleman crow sort of makes me feel like one of the guys should be wearing it. It will be made out of metal, which will most likely result in it having a steam punk feel. If it ends up feeling more like something Ana would wear then I'll switch characters.

It's going to be a hat cosmetic but it will fit over the face as well, so I'm unsure if this will fall under the hat requirement of around 3000 tris or mask requirement of around 6000 tris.

Replies

• Port-Seven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WIP shot from Max. Hoping I can pull off this concept actually, it might be a bit tricky. :p
    (I think I will also rename this hat 'Attempted Murder')

crowhat_wip001_zpsmfhalnyd.png
  • Port-Seven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Took the base mesh into Zbrush to sculpt out more of a solid concept.
    I think I will drop the top hat and the collar, and focus on a few more steam punk elements.

crowhat_wip002_zps5m1pv9sc.png

Paintover:

crowhat_wip002_zpswp7bp8jl.png
  • Port-Seven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spent a few hours in Zbrush last night. I was looking at a lot of steam punk masks and tried incorporating some leather into the concept. I'm not sure if the bird skull will be metal or perhaps bone now, I'm still trying to figure it out, but I think this is moving in a better direction.

wip_003_zpsdodvybgp.png

And a paint over to carry on with ideas for the next sculpting round. Specifically I need to pay attention to how the bird skull will meet the leather beneath it, since I like the idea of having the leather being sewn together at the back of the head.

d2ec4623-d25e-43e6-9f25-430f9aef1392_zpsrabpqezg.png
  • Port-Seven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I know this won't be done in time but I think realistically I can aim to have it finished for Halloween. :) Sculpting in some detail currently:

wip_004_zpscgrqhyg2.png