Home Technical Talk

Micro Mesh nightmare

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Chase polycounter lvl 9
Getting use to micro mesh but so far having some issues. When I pick my micro mesh obj I get some large gaps in random areas.

CNkOYMT.png

Here's an even more extreme example with an oval micro mesh instead of the circle.

y14ePtk.png

Also brings up another issue. Trying to use the Spin Edge feature, but I can't select the individual poly faces to rotate them. Even on a lower dense mesh I can't select the poly faces.

Topology
sXLJ104.png

Replies

• repete
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    repete polycounter lvl 6
    What's the purpose of the mesh ?

I would use an alpha for that, would save you a shit load of work and hassle !
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    Never used MicroMesh but does it use UVs? How do they look?
  • Chase
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chase polycounter lvl 9
    repete - this is for a bake for a game model. i was going to use an alpha but i wanted to give this micromesh thing a shot. it's become too much of a headache. i just modeled it instead in about 10 minutes!

Neox - it does use uv's as well as without. however, you get shoddy results without uv's. for this mesh it was just quick planar as it's just the one face. if you ever try micromesh out please let me know your results!

here's that back part baked down after i modeled it aQAviC1.png

micromesh is just nice because your mesh's density impacts the tiling amount of the pattern you use. it's suppose to be easy to use....but i'm not finding that to be the case.