Home General Discussion

i`m running a mentorship program

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
leslievdb polycounter lvl 15
So i`m going to be running a mentorshipprogram just to test this out, something in the lines of what Hazardous did a few years back with his course.
I`ll be restricting it to 5 people and it will be free of charge. We`ll make 1 full character together from an existing ip/design (this will be entirely workflow/pipeline oriented) and we`ll try to make it the best thing we`re able to produce at the time. It can be gameres or cinematic res (any style) but keep in mind that its going to be a animationready mesh with proper edgeloops for deformation.

The people i`m looking for are those who are already pretty advanced with a modeling package and zbrush, you need to know how to model, sculpt (solid understanding of anatomy too), unwrap, bake, texture and have basic rigging knowledge (for posing purposes).
I`m aiming to start this around october
if you want to do this and qualify send me a mail with Mentorship and your name as the subject. in the mail include a link to your portfolio and a small introduction of who you are and what you`re aiming to learn/achieve (can be an example of someone elses art you want to reach qualitywise)

email: //No more submissions please
since its only 5 people don`t be discouraged if i don`t respond, i`m looking for something very specific in the people i`ll select and it might not even be due to them being "better" than you.

If anyones wondering whats in this for me?
1.) This will be educational for me too, i want to test out a guided method of mentorship. if this works out i might use it in the future for a payed mentorship program.
2.) i simply like helping people, theres that area between having the skills and creating a good piece that will get noticed that some people struggle with. These are the people i`m looking for , those that have the skills but lack that extra push in the right direction.
3.) I`ll be creating a project of my own during this mentorship, i`ll ask for feedback from my mentorees and aside from giving feedback. Its sort of an exercise in giving unfiltered proper feedback.
long story short i`ll hopefully learn as much from it as the people i`m mentoring this first run

Replies